Saturday 26 February 2011

PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY COOKIES

Hubby's favorite cookie is the classic peanut butter cookie. I've been making the same recipe so long, that I know it by heart. I keep asking (hoping) he will request a different cookie, but so far he is like a broken record..."peanut butter please". Recently, while putting the dough together, I decided to bake them in a mini-cupcake pan. As soon as they came out of the oven, I pushed the middle down while they were still hot and filled them with raspberry jam. To my surprise Hubby gave them a thumbs up!!

½ cup butter room temperature
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1¼ cups all purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
.
Mix the first 6 ingredients until creamy. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat until well mixed.
.
Roll into 1" balls and place in a mini-cupcake pan. NOTE: I roll the balls in sugar before baking, so I spritz the pan ever so lightly with cooking spray. If you don't roll the balls in sugar, you don't need to spray the pan.
.
Bake at 375 for 10-11 minutes or until they puff up nicely. When they are done, find something in your kitchen to press down on the center of the HOT cookie to make a shell shape. I use the rounded end of my mortar & pestle, but anything will work. Just be careful not to push so hard that you break the bottom of the cookie.
.
Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then use a thin bladed knife (not pointed) to help you lift the cookies out (they come out pretty easily) and cool completely on a baking rack. Fill with favorite jam. Makes about 4 dozen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment