Monday 26 March 2012

Raw Cashew Dip - Vegan and Gluten-Free

Raw cashew hummus is creamy, vegan and delicious
Eat it raw baby. Crisp fresh veggies and cashew dip.

I've been eating hummus all weekend. Help. I can't stop. It all started when I whipped up a big batch of my tried and true favorite, a classic chick pea hummus recipe with tahini and lemon (though in full disclosure, I used lime juice instead of lemon). I munched it as a party worthy snack, with retro bunny carrot sticks as we caught the season premiere of Mad Men - sophisticated serial television that just keeps getting better and better, does it not? Mad Men is a show with keen originality, surprises, and rare insights into sexual politics, power, culture, and marriage- not only enlightening those of us who lived through the sixties (I was exactly Sally Draper's age, so many aspects of the show are akin to watching home movies), but connecting the dots that birthed our current consumer pop culture, in all its tarnished glitz and trashy glory.

Then I nestled dollops of the stuff on warm and comforting bowls of brown rice and stir-fried vegetables (recovering from said cultural insights, and newly minted wife-slash-copyrighter Megan's saucy rendition of Zou Bisou Bisou).

Continue reading

0 comments:

Post a Comment