I don't buy canned refried beans anymore because these are so easy to make!
1 sweet onion (cut in half but not chopped)
3 cups of rinsed (and sorted) DRY pinto beans
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
3 tsp. chili powder
6 slices of crisp bacon (crumbled)
1 tsp. ground cumin
½ fresh jalapeno (seeded and chopped)
9 cups water
Put everything in the crockpot and cook on high for 8 hours or till tender. Drain but reserve liquid. Put drained beans into food processor and puree, adding just enough of the reserved bean liquid to make the beans the right consistency. Keep warm in the crock pot.
NOTE: No need to pre-soak the beans
NOTE: Check the beans after 6-7 hours, if it looks like they are losing too much liquid, add another cup of water.
NOTE: I put the cooked onion (from the crockpot) in the food processor with the beans. A few pulses and they disappear.
Wednesday, 10 February 2010
CROCK POT REFRIED BEANS FOR A CROWD
Published :
01:03
Author :
Revistra Farawati
I first posted this about a year ago, and I've been tweaking it a little since then. It makes a lot of refried beans, but I'm sure they would freeze well if vacuum packed. They taste delicious and are even better the next day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Resep Populer
-
I have always loved English muffins; I love all of the nooks and crannies that hold creamy butter and jam or a dab of melting peanut butter...
-
Dyah Oktabriawatie Waluyani - detikFood Jakarta - Kalau Indonesia punya jeruk Bali yang berkulit tebal dan jeruk ...
-
RESEP MASAKAN TINOTUAN Bahan : Gram beras, cuci bersih 900 cc air 200 gram labu kuning , potong dadu 100 gram ubi ...
-
Resep kue Bika Jawa Pona Resep kue Bika Jawa Pona. Photo:ilustrasi Bahan kue Bika Jawa Pona 250 gr labu kuning 100 gr gula pasir...
-
Odilia Winneke - detikFood Jakarta - Kangen mencicipi berbagai hidangan Solo seperti tongseng, sate buntel, kreng...
0 comments:
Post a Comment