Thursday 5 November 2009

CROCKPOT ORANGE CHICKEN

Crockpot Orange Chicken

Katy, over at Food For A Hungry Soul posted a crockpot recipe for orange chicken a week or so ago. It sounded delicious, so I gave it a try today. Katy made several tweaks to her version and called it Ginger Orange Chicken. I stuck with the basic recipe (except I added black pepper) and it was excellent. The recipe makes it's own gravy (lots of it) which was an added bonus.

CROCKPOT ORANGE CHICKEN
8 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
½ cup barbecue sauce
¼ cup all purpose flour
¼ cup orange juice
¼ cup orange marmalade
3 tablespoons soy sauce
½ teaspoon black pepper (my tweak)
Place the chicken in the crockpot and whisk everything else together and pour over the chicken. Cook on the low setting for five hours...that's it!! Couldn't be easier or more satisfying. NOTE: Recipe calls for 8 chicken thighs, I only used 5 and I put them in the crockpot frozen and poured the sauce over the top. In five hours they were PERFECT and super tender. I served them over veggie rice.
NOTE: Next time I make this, I'm going to use pineapple jam and pineapple juice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment