Browned pork chops are baked on top of a taco seasoned rice. The flavor of the pork bakes down into the rice and just before serving, it's all topped with cheese. Oh so good!!.
6 pork chops (I used 3 thick ones)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for frying)
1½ cups water
¾ cup long grain rice
8 ounce can of tomato sauce
2½ tablespoons taco seasoning
1 medium green bell pepper chopped (I used red)
1 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
.
Brown the pork chops well, and set aside. Mix the water, rice, tomato sauce and seasoning and put it into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Top with browned pork chops and the chopped bell pepper.
.
Cover tightly and bake in pre-heated 350F oven for 1 hour. Uncover and top with cheese. Return to the oven for 15 minutes.
NOTE: I seasoned the pork chops with the seasoning mix from my last post, (before I browned them). I used this same "taco seasoning" in the rice.
.
NOTE: I used chopped red bell pepper (instead of green pepper) because we like it better. I also mixed it into the rice (instead of putting it on top of the meat and rice). I also added a 15 ounce can of (rinsed and drained) black beans to the rice.
NOTE: Just before I serve this, next time, I'm going to sprinkle it with a little chopped avocado and cherry tomatoes.
Sunday, 21 February 2010
HEIDI's MEXICAN PORK CHOPS
Published :
01:00
Author :
Revistra Farawati
Recently, Heidi, from Tried-and-True Cooking With Heidi, posted a recipe for Mexican Pork Chops. I'm always searching for simple pork recipes and this one caught my eye. It was a snap to make and tasted great, thank you Heidi!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Resep Populer
-
Delicious quinoa chocolate chip cookies. A gluten-free favorite. My last cookie post stirred up a veritable stew of feelings. From oat-lovi...
-
RESEP MASAKAN BOLA UDANG PANIR Bahan-bahan: a. 75 gram mentega b. 1 buah bawang bombay, cincang halus c. 1...
-
I have always loved English muffins; I love all of the nooks and crannies that hold creamy butter and jam or a dab of melting peanut butter...
-
Dyah Oktabriawatie Waluyani - detikFood Jakarta - Kalau Indonesia punya jeruk Bali yang berkulit tebal dan jeruk ...
-
RESEP MASAKAN DAGING SUWIR EBI Bahan: 250 gr daging gandik, menurut selera 3 lembar daun salam 1 sdt garam 3...
0 comments:
Post a Comment